All claims for compensation, other than normal pay (DH, No lunch, Continuous time, LETP train handling…) must be submitted in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement “CBA” Rule 46 and the TRO-12
The BLET meets with Labor Relations on the first Friday of every month to adjust outstanding claims.
What is a grievance or a penalty time card? It is a claim in excess of hourly earnings, for compensation due to a violation of the collective bargaining agreement.
Making out penalty time card,
First read our agreement. Notice Rule #46 of the BLE Agreement and TRO-12 Section 7.1.6C. These rules outline the steps necessary to submit a penalty.
Be sure to make out and submit a penalty claim no later than 60 days from the date of service performed or date of occurrence.
Send the information as soon as possible for processing with the Carrier.
Remember to include this basic information for any claim:
- Name, occupation, employee number, division
- Train symbol or job number and engine number (s’).
- On an off duty time.
- Date and time of day work performed.
- Location and details of work performed for which claim is filed.
- Upon whose orders work was performed.
- Description of instructions issued to have such work performed.
- Claim being made, rule if known, and reason supporting claim.
- Location on the property for receipt of response.
If your claim is denied or goes unanswered for 60 days the following applies:
Fill out the attached denial form BLET Rule 46 Form-Editable
Attach a copy of the stamped duplicate time card
Attach a copy of the denial from the pay printout
Send it as soon as possible to your Local Committee of Adjustment. You have 60 days after the carrier denies your claim, or if it goes unanswered for 60 days to progress it to Labor Relations.